- 1 Liter Kombucha
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- Flip top bottle or any air tight bottle
- Puree the pineapple and basil together.
- To flavour 1 L kombucha, you need 1/2 cup chopped pineapple and 4-5 basil leaves.
- Adjust the Kombucha, pineapple and basil quantity to suit your requirement and taste.
- During second fermentation, the sugars in the fruit will result to natural fizz. Use air tight bottle that can withstand pressure.
- Add the puree and fill only 3/4th of the bottle with Kombucha.
- Keep the bottles in room temperature, for around three days. And every day, “burp” the bottles to remove the pressure (open and close the caps lets the CO2 out).
- Taste test the flavoured brewing kombucha in 3 days. The longer you leave it, the fizzier it will get until it suits your taste. Strain, chill and enjoy