- 1 Liter Kombucha
- 1 cup Apple juice
- 8 cloves
- Sugar (optional)
- Flip top bottle or any air tight bottle
- Take one cup fresh or canned apple juice.
- If taking fresh apple juice, add 1/2 tbsp sugar
- To flavour 1 L kombucha, you need 1 cup apple juice.
- Adjust the Kombucha and juice quantity to suit your requirement and taste.
- During second fermentation, the sugars in the fruit will result to natural fizz.
- Use air tight bottle that can withstand pressure.
- Add the juice, 8 cloves and fill only 3/4th of the bottle with Kombucha.
- Keep the bottles in room temperature, for around three days.
- And every day, “burp” the bottles to remove the pressure (open and close the caps lets the CO2 out).
- Taste test the flavoured brewing kombucha in 3 days.
- The longer you leave it, the fizzier it will get until it suits your taste.