- 1 Liter Kombucha
- 2 inch ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar ( or regular sugar)
- Flip top bottle or any air tight bottle
- Scrub the ginger clean, dont bother peeling it.
- Blend in a food processor along with sugar.
- Add some Kombucha if needed to keep things moving.
- To flavour 1 L kombucha, you need 1 tsp of ginger-sugar paste. Adjust the ratios to suit your requirement and taste.
- During second fermentation, the sugar will result to natural fizz. Use air tight bottle that can withstand pressure.
- Add the mixture and fill only 3/4th of the bottle with Kombucha.
- Keep the bottles in room temperature, for around three days. And every day, “burp” the bottles to remove the pressure (open and close the caps lets the CO2 out).
- Taste test the flavoured brewing kombucha in 3 days. The longer you leave it, the fizzier it will get until it suits your taste. Strain when ready and enjoy!